You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has or has taken possession of the goods.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must send us (VDP.Die Prädikatsweingüter, In the wine storage building Zollhafen, Taunusstraße 61, 55118 Mainz, Phone: +49 (0)6131/ 9 45 65 0, e-mail: email@example.com) of your decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post or an e-mail). You can use the attached model withdrawal form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory.
To comply with the cancellation period, it is sufficient for you to send the notification of the exercise of the right of cancellation before the end of the cancellation period.
Consequences of cancellation
If you withdraw from this contract, we must repay you all payments that we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of the additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the inexpensive standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment.
We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and in any case no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You only must pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling of the goods that is not necessary for checking the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
(2) The Supplier shall provide the following information on the model cancellation form in accordance with the statutory provisions:
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please fill out and return this form.)
– To VDP.Die Prädikatsweingüter, Im Weinlagergebäude Zollhafen, Taunusstraße 61, 55118 Mainz, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/the provision of the following service (*)
– Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
– Name of the consumer(s)
– Address of the consumer(s)
– Signature of the consumer(s) (only in the case of notification on paper)
(*) Delete as applicable
Section 10 Further mandatory information for consumers
We are obliged to refer you as a consumer to the online dispute resolution platform (ODR platform) of the European Commission, which can be accessed via the following link: webgate.ec.europa.eu odr. However, we do not participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.
Section 11 Final provisions
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to contracts between the Supplier and the Customers to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The statutory provisions on the restriction of the choice of law and on the applicability of mandatory provisions, in particular of the state in which the customer has his habitual residence as a consumer, shall remain unaffected.
(2) The contract shall remain binding in its remaining parts even if individual points are legally invalid. The ineffective points shall be replaced by the statutory provisions, if any. Insofar as this would represent an unreasonable hardship for one of the contracting parties, however, the contract as a whole shall become ineffective.